- FIG & HONEY FACE CREAM - Our face cream is perfect for ALL skin types. We use the purest Jojoba oil in the world, which balances the oils in your face and clears up blemishes. Jojoba oil is anti-aging, helps reduce acne, hydrates skin, and reduces oil production where needed. Look no further for a perfectly balanced face cream that's scented with real fruit for extra antioxidants!
- FARMSTEAD APOTHECARY - We believe that it's not only important what you put in your body, but also what you put on your skin. Our skin absorbs a significant amount of the products we apply. When you're using synthetic products, you can bet that bad stuff is getting into your body. Using products like lotions, face wash, and hand soap builds up in your system. You can trust that you're putting truly wholesome natural products on your body, and no longer need to compromise on quality.
- INGREDIENTS YOU CAN COUNT ON - We keep it simple by using minimal, purposeful, and skin-nourishing ingredients only, and formulate our products for sensitive skin, so they can be used on all skin types. Our Products are cruelty-free, vegan, and gluten-free.
- KEY INGREDIENTS - Water, organic safflower seed oil, non-GMO emulsifying wax (vegetable), organic jojoba oil, organic fragrance (natural fruit, vegetables, flowers), stearic acid (castor), organic propanediol (corn), organic pentylene glycol (sugar cane /corn cobs), organic phenethyl alcohol (corn), non-GMO vitamin E oil (sunflower)
- JOJOBA, A MAGIC INGREDIENT - Jojoba oil dissolves sebum that clogs pores, which gives you relief from acne and allows the skin to breathe more effectively. Non-greasy texture, lightweight and anti-inflammatory properties make it ideal for treating acne. Absorbs easily into the skin. Gentle, skin-softening moisturizer for all skin types. Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
I’ve recently begun derma-rolling my face, neck and chest, every two to three weeks. Anyone familiar with the process knows that your skin is immediately a little red and sensitive, and for the next several days it feels a little like sandpaper. And because the process is mildly invasive, you want to apply only the highest quality, natural and gentle products afterward. Especially when you have somewhat sensitive skin like I do. To make a long story a little shorter, I had tried a couple of other moisturizers for this purpose and they both ended up irritating my newly delicate skin and even causing a couple of blemishes which I rarely get. While searching for another I came across this and I’m so happy I did. Most important - the natural ingredients. So hard to find such pure ingredients in a product that comes together so well. And by “comes together”, I mean the texture is luxurious. The thick, velvety cream melts into my skin, and the immediate softening effect lasts. I only use moisturizers at night because I’ve never found one that treated my combination skin well enough that I could layer makeup on top of it. Well, This past Saturday morning I expected to stay in all day so I applied this cream in the morning. A little while later I had to go out so I applied my usual foundation thinking I would probably regret it soon after. I didn’t. This actually worked under my makeup. I won’t claim that it mattified my skin which leans toward the shiny side halfway through the day. But it didn’t interfere, no patches, streaking, etc. I ordered the lemon/lavender and the fragrance is extremely subtle. In fact the lemon and lavender are barely detectable. It smells a little more like clay? What it doesn’t smell like is that awful moldy odor that some “natural products” can’t seem to overcome, so anything else is really beside the point to me. This stuff is great, even for my sensitive skin, even and especially after Derma-rolling. I highly recommend it. P.S. - like some reviewers, when I first opened my jar, there was a “hole” that went straight from the top of the cream to the bottom of the jar so that I wondered if I’d been gipped. But by the next use it had filled in and honestly, you get a pretty generous amount of a really great product for $20. I hope they keep offering this same high quality product and they don’t try to pull a fast one like some other companies do once they’ve attained a loyal following. Just keep up the good work and appreciate your customers like we appreciate your product.
I love it, feels great on my skin and smells nice.
I found this lovely facial moisturizer by polling my three sisters. We live in San Francisco, Austin, NYC and DC and between the four of us we’ve used a lot of products. Our NYC sister used the Farmstead Apothecary Fig & Honey Face Cream while pregnant and raved about it postpartum. I bought a jar in January and just purchased a second this week (September). I use it exclusively at night and it is the perfect balm. My skin looked learer, brighter and firmer after using it for a week than it ever did using Lancôme products. The scent is natural and pleasant. It is shelf stable—the end of the January jar smells and feels just as great as the new jar. It goes a long way, which makes it an amazing buy. It has 8 wholesome ingredients! I cannot do without it when I travel now. But best of all, my five year old, who has easily chapped/irritated skin, LOVES it when I use it on his face. He says it smells and feels good—and that makes mama happy!
Smells a little strange but not terrible. The smell is of roses and lemons, both noticeable but somehow they don't work together. I do like how the cream makes my skin feels firm and pores look smaller. Works better than the expensive department store cream.***Update****I've been using the cream for about two months now. Noticed that my skin is tighter and more lifted than it has been in years. Love the fact that the ingredients are natural. Also, the smell is common to me now and no longer an issue.Farmstead Apothecary, please don't stop making this stuff! [Don't change the ingredients either]
I am over 50 with skin that is thankfully problem free but of course is drier now. I used this and skin feels soft and supple. Just what I wanted. I used to like "watery" creams but while they moisturize and absorb well, they do not seem to keep skin soft and supple long. This one seems to be a good balance - rich without being too oily and I still feel my skin being soft in the morning after using it in the evening. Good on the neck too.